Saturday, February 28, 2009

IDOU: touchscreen mobile phone with 12-megapixel camera


The new Sony Ericsson IDOU combines the benefits of the Walkman series with those of the Cybershot series. In summary, a huge 16:9 screen. Is this the iPhone killer we have to wait so long?

I had lots of touchscreen phones in my hands. But one in which the overall concept works so well, like the iPhone, I have not seen. So far at least. When I saw IDOU, I got the same big eyes: 12-megapixel camera, huge widescreen display and Walkman functionality. Since runs me like the water in the mouth.The only problem is that the device is still a prototype. Hence, there is still no known key data, except that it is running Symbian OS. A first sample is Sony Ericsson at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.The finished devices are probably in the second quarter of 2009. We must probably wait until ...

No comments: